The Agreement between a Landlord and Tenant is one which regulates the relationship between the two and covers crucial matters such as the payment of rent and the term of the tenancy.
A normal agreement between the two is expected to cover a number of matters including:
- The names and contact addresses of the landlord and tenant.
- The address of the property.
- The date the tenancy agreement is signed.
- The date the tenancy is to begin.
- Addresses for service for both the landlord and the tenant.
- The rent amount and frequency of payments.
- The amount of any bond.
- The place or bank account number where the rent is to be paid.
- Any fees (letting agent or solicitor’s) to be paid (if applicable).
- A list of any chattels (like furniture, curtains and other fittings) provided by the landlord.
- The type of tenancy and the date the tenancy will end if it is a fixed-term tenancy.
Both the landlord and tenant must sign the agreement, and the landlord should give the tenant a copy before the tenancy begins.
Let us prepare or vet the Landlord and Tenant Agreement for you to avoid any of the issues that can arise from a badly drafted contract.